Monday, March 5, 2018

UPDATES

A few updates.

I had a serious asthma attack that landed me in a rescue unit for lots of hours, followed by pneumonia for 2 weeks,  diagnosed the first day of break.  Unfortunately, just when things got a little better for me, this weekend Mr. Ramo had a significant, serious, & unexpected health issue that required immediate medical attention that caused me to be out again today.  I will be in tomorrow.  Because these issues are still ongoing, I am posting a few updates for you (I have not been near a laptop to post anything, I certainly hope when I get in tomorrow I am not faced with notes about poor behavior or general insubordination to your subs.)

1. All missed exams/quizzes that were supposed to be given when I was out will be rescheduled for next week (or later.) 
2. Make-ups from before break (the last exam you took) will be Friday & Monday (3/9 & 3/12.) If you were legally out that last Friday, be prepared for one of those 2 days.
3.  Hold all Vocab until new quiz dates are posted.  The vocab turned in to the subs this week will be returned before your quizzes & after I record your grade for work that day.
4.  If you were LEGALLY out any day since I've been out, you will need to provide written proof.  Anyone that did not turn in sub work for any day will be issued a classwork grade of 0 for that day.  As always, the exception is if you are legally absent from school.  Please provide this by Friday, 3/9 as I will be doing progress reports over the weekend.
5.  All HWQs from the day we returned from break (& any other day I've been out) will be given next week sometime.  If you failed to do your work, get it done. 
6.  More HW will be posted soon.
7.  There will be no extra help this week before school.
8.  We will be on warp speed to get through material.  This means YOU will have to pick up the slack (if you have been slacking) - I will hit highlights & videos with you in class, you will be responsible for reading through your notes & work from class on your own.  If you have questions or need help, I will be available before school again starting next Monday (3/12.)
9.  All Chapter Video Worksheets will be collected at a later date, depending on how much we finish this week.  Stay tuned for dates, they may not be the same as exams since chapters will be combined for tests at this point.
10.  Be sure you know your username & password for Castle Learning.  I may need to give you exams electronically through that program while we play catch-up.

If you don't do YOUR job as a student, & we need to slow down because of that lack of effort, there is a significant chance that you will have NO Regents Review as we will run out of time.  We have six days that I was out to make up for (and maybe now a snow day this week??)...so we ALL (me included) have to have a plan (that's my job) & execute it quickly & efficiently (that's also your job.)  We can do it, but only if YOU do your part, too.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure your first & last name AND class period are included in your comment!