Monday, November 11, 2019

"Quiz" or "Test?" You Decide!

I have to figure out if I want to count your "old style questions" test as a test or a quiz.  I'm torn, so I'm letting you decide.  Email me by the start of school on 11/12 with your vote.  Here are the arguments for & against:

Use as a QUIZ grade:
PRO: Isn't weighted as heavy as a test; will not be a full period (30 questions max)
CON: If you do better on straight-forward, old-style content questions, it won't count as much as a test grade (so won;t help your average as much as a good test grade.)

Use as a TEST grade:
PRO: If you do well on those mini quizzes in class, this is a test with those kinds of questions.  It carries equal weight to a stimulus exam.
CON: It's another assessment; it's a full period (50 questions old-school style exam)

Email me with your vote.  Your email must have your 1st & last name with class period in the subject field for your email to be opened & your vote counted!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure your first & last name AND class period are included in your comment!