Tuesday, November 5, 2019

"When is the make-up?"

I'm getting a little frustrated with the lack of reading many of you do.  This is going to be my last post about the subject and the last time I am going to address it here or in class.

My answer to "when is the make up" will always now be "it is on the website."  Make up dates & deadlines are ALWAYS posted with the assignment.  ALWAYS.  Every time, every single time, I have asked someone who has said "when are the make ups," they admit they have not actually read the post past the date of the test, etc.  This is your responsibility.   I've said it for 2 months.  After the crazy number of absences last Friday, I was asked "when is the make up" in person & by email SEVENTEEN TIMES.  No more.

You have a field trip?  It's your job to know the make up schedule.
Have an assembly?  It's your job to know the make up schedule.
Absent for the day?  It's your job to know the make up schedule.

As for "but I can't get there before school," my responses are the same as they have been for the last 3 years: "then don't be absent since everything is announced in advance" and "figure something out before the deadline."  

You made a choice to miss class on the day you knew you had a quiz, test, etc.  That means you also knew you would have to make it up...and since the make up info was posted, you had all the information needed to make the decision that s best for you. 

Yes, things happen.  Yes, sometimes there are extenuating circumstances.  These do not include Guidance appointments, assemblies, field trips, music lessons, or arriving late to class. If I make an exception for one of you, I have to make it for all of you to be fair.  That's why there are class policies.  They are posted online, they were sent home, they were signed, and they are posted with every assignment I give you.

So...as we start the 2nd marking period, please keep all of these items in mind.  Start reading the entire post, and be sure you can make something up if you are gong to miss class.  

I'm glad we have hat all cleared up.  I hope you enjoyed your day off.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure your first & last name AND class period are included in your comment!