Friday, December 13, 2019

Festive Week Questions, Answers, & Clarifications

To answer some questions I was asked during the week:

1.  Yes, an animal dressed for Christmas, etc. on your shirt counts (depending on the theme of  the day of course.)

2.  No, a Santa hat or Reindeer headband by themselves do not count.  Pair it with a red shirt (or white, or black, or a combo like Santa's suit has) with the hat.  If a Reindeer, do the same in brown, etc.  Elves usually wear green or yellow but any bright primary color should do, especially if it matches your headband/hat.  

3.  Yes, of course Christmas/Holiday/Winter Onesie's count as comfy!!!

4.  No, your formal wear does not have to be red or green. Yes, it can be a very nice outfit you would wear to Church, etc., fancy dinner, or a party where you need to be "dressed."

5.  "I can't get dressed Thursday because of the concert."  Actually, you will be neatly dressed for the concert already, and that counts.  However, if you are scheduled to perform during your class period with me, you must come to be before 7:20 am to show me you are here & dressed.  Failure to do this means you are "absent."  See below.  (I am in ISS 1st period, if your bus gets you to school at 7:20 you can find me there before 7:35 but must have permission from your teacher if you are missing class to find me.  I will not issue a pass because you are late to class.)

6.  "What if I'm absent one day?"  Then you lose the points.  Same if you are late to class any day next week.  The rules were clear - all in or all out.

7.  "I don't have an ugly Holiday t-shirt or sweater."  Make one.  Get an old t-shirt & staple garland to it.  Add Christmas ornaments, balls, etc. from the Dollar Store if you want.  Be creative.  it's supposed to be ugly & hideous & make us laugh.

8.  No, you don't have to celebrate Christmas to participate.  It's in the spirit of holiday fun.  Any holiday at this time of year will do - Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, Winter Solstice...whatever.

Other questions?  Email me.  If I have time to read emails this weekend I'll either respond to you directly or add your question here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure your first & last name AND class period are included in your comment!