Thursday, March 19, 2020

Daily Schedule Suggestion

I'm going to suggest you  keep your day to the bell schedule at school.  I'm doing it myself just to stay on track.  Do your HW for me during your class period, and anything you don't finish do after as "HW" like you normally would.  DO the same for all your classes.  Here is how I'm doing it:

I get up at my regular time, shower, get dressed.
1st Period: 7:25-8:10

  • I have ISS Duty.  I send this time doing a chore I hate because ISS is supposed to be a punishment for kids, right?  So I clean the bathroom, wash dishes, clean, etc.
  • Do you have a class 1st period?  Do that HW or other assignment.

2nd Period: 8:15-9:00

  • That's my free period.  I check my emails, TEAMS, figure out what I'm gong to do for you for home, etc.
  • Do you have a class 2nd period?  Do that HW or other assignment.

3rd Period: 9:05-9:50

  • I have US History.  I work on things to post for Per 3.
  • Do you have a class 3rd period?  Do that HW or other assignment, ESPECIALLY IS IT'S MY CLASS!!!  :) :) 

4th Period: 9:55-10:40
  • I have US History.  I work on things to post for Per 4.
  • Do you have a class 4th period?  Do that HW or other assignment, ESPECIALLY IS IT'S MY CLASS!!!  :) :) 
5th Period: 10:45-11:30
  • I have US History.  I work on things to post for Per 5.
  • Do you have a class 5th period?  Do that HW or other assignment, ESPECIALLY IS IT'S MY CLASS!!!  :) :) 
6th Period: 11:35-12:20

  • I have lunch.  I eat my lunch, check emails, and do things I normally would do during lunch.  For you, that may mean taking a 40 minute break, getting on your phone, paying a game, whatever.  Just be sure to stop at 12:20 & "start" Period 7.
7th Period: 12:25-1:10

  • I have Global History.  I work on things to post for Per 7.
  • Do you have a class 7th period?  Do that HW or other assignment.
8th Period: 1:15-1:55
  • I have Global History.  I work on things to post for Per 8.
  • Do you have a class 8th period?  Do that HW or other assignment.
At 1:55 take a break - however long it takes you to get hoe by bus or if you walk.  After that, start on your HW, like you should any other day.  If you manage your time wisely, you may get all of your work done by 2 pm, and if you finish, for example, my work before your class time is up, start on the next day's work.

Consistency is important here.  It's easy to fall into the trap of sleeping all day & paying video games all night.  This is still school, you still need grades, you still have a Regents to pass.  

Email if you need me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure your first & last name AND class period are included in your comment!